Friday, November 4, 2011

Welcome!

Hi and welcome to my blog! On January 4th I will be traveling to Colombia and teaching English for a year. I am so excited and hope to keep this blog as up to date as possible about all my adventures. Just to get in the hang of it, I will post a few pre-departure updates as well.

First off, if you were directed here by my donation page... THANK YOU so much for donating! And if you would like to donate Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support WorldTeach!

Second, I would like to explain the title of my blog. One of my goals during my year will be to become fluent in Spanish, and this is our first test. "Ella baila" means "She dances." Baila or Bailar (to dance) is my favorite Spanish word. This is because Bailar is just 2 letters away from being my last name Bailey, and how wonderful is it that my name almost means dance?! Way cooler than its original British roots. And also, anyone that knows me should know that I love to dance. Colombia is known for its fantastic music and dancing, so I hope this serves as a sort of symbol for my year of going outside my comfort zone.

Check back often as I hope to receive my site placement soon and will fill you in more on my preparations! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I'm so excited for you and I look forward to following your adventure. Buen viaje!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this and you :)

    the title=perfecto

    -Katlyn

    ReplyDelete