Saturday, January 7, 2012

First post from Colombia!

Hola! I have safely made it to Cota, Colombia for the first step of my journey- orientation! This the first of only a few times I will have internet, but I have a few updates to share with you. 


1. The weather has been unusually gorgeous which means unusually sunny and warm. This means us gringos have had to lather on the sunblock especially since we are now 8,000 feet above sea level. 


2. We had our first spanish lesson last night and it went well. I am in the beginner group but I feel it will be a perfect balance of challenging and what I already understand. 


3. My fellow volunteers are great. We are a diverse group but mesh really well and I already love them all. 


4. The retreat house has multiple puppies. My favorite is an old yellow lad named Lucas. We snuggled. 


5. We drove by my school placement. It looks huge (2,800 students!) but pretty nice and easy to get to. 


6. There are so many bike paths in Bogota that I cant wait to get a bike and take on the town. 


7. We watched The Two Escobars last night, an ESPN documentary and it was amazing. Highly recommended for everyone. 


8. We also got our first of many salsa lessons last night. I rocked it. 


9. I survived the blood test. Im A positive for all those curious.


10. Miss you all, but I am doing well and really enjoying my first few days embracing life in Colombia!


xoxo













No comments:

Post a Comment