Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Two Weeks Notice

Big things are happening with just two weeks left in the USA. My passport just came back with a shiny new Colombian visa inside. Yesterday I visited with my dear friend Matt and caught up with my fellow WorldTeach volunteer Natalie. I've also been running errands and making sure everything is squared away for the year. Packing is a pain because A) I am very bad at it and B) airlines have obnoxious limitations that make no sense. I was pretty excited to put to good use my massive bright-red-Hawaiian-flower-print LLBean duffle bag circa 2001. But alas, due to about 3 inches, I'll have to bring my boring, boxy suitcase instead. 

I've almost reached my fundraising goal. My last total was $1,745 out of $2,000. This is a huge help, and I really appreciate all those that donated big and small. 

The big news from this week has been the conclusion of my volunteer teaching in two ESL classrooms. After my last day in middle school tomorrow, I will post about all that I have learned through this experience. All I can say now is that I hope my students in Colombia will be even half as cool and inspiring as my students here (which no doubt they will be)! Hopefully in the next few days I will find out more about the school and grade I will be at in Bogota. 

In two weeks I'll be kissing goodbye to icy New England and saying hola to my new life in the Andes!

No comments:

Post a Comment